- Plant out tender vegetables such as tomatoes, squash and outdoor cucumbers
- Direct sow courgettes, pumkins and French and runner beans
- Tie in new stems of fruit
- Succession sow small quantities of salad, herbs and greens every two to three weeks for continual picking
- Regularly feed fruit and veg in pots and growing bags with liquid fertiliser.
- Check to see if first, second and salad potatoes are ready to be harvested
- Keep ripening strawberries free of soil splashes by putting straw or matting around the plants and under fruit
- Remove side shoots on cordon tomatoes and tie plants to supports
- Watch out for tadpoles that are leaving the pond.